Reflection 4

With the global pandemic of COVID-19 sweeping the world, many schools and other course based operations are being transferred to an online style of learning. With the difficulties of this transition, teachers will have to use online infrastructure to portrait and teach. After reviewing the Floe documentation, I can effectively think of strategies I find would be useful and integral to the current situation.  The idea of being able to transform, augment, and select alternative educational resources to fit individual needs is a concept that is more prominent then ever. With people learning in different styles and ways, the importance of multiple platforms to complete assignments ensures that everyone has an equal chance at the same level of grades. Secondly, I find the idea of open source free education, to be a strong reason why online learning is a very powerful way to learn. With courses and university systems turning more and more into a money making operation, its critical for people in my age demographic to be able to learn and educate ourselves, and cost is a big reason why a lot of people cant go to school. Additionally, the concept of portable preferences and learning via other devices, this concept is one of the most applicable as not everyone once again is able to afford a computer. With majority of the population having access to smartphones, learning has never been easier with a great example being the application quizlet. Quizlet lets you create and share study cards for course material that can be viewed and interacted with to learn concepts on the go. Some of the ideas that are harder for me to grasp include specific computer-based languages or applications that might make it harder to transition to an online learning environment as well as the integration of text-based media. Text based media for someone like me doesn’t completely cover topics to the degree of detail that a professor in a lecture would. With majority of my life being in person in relations to school, its quite hard for me to grasp the idea of something that isn’t voice based to be a stronger way of learning. Being someone who strongly benefits from hands on and interactive design, text-based discussion can often lead to information that supplements the experience which to me is not as powerful. One question I have come up with is when does online learning become redundant or repetitive, and from this point where does online learning go?